Skip to main content

Game testing

Game testing

I have really enjoyed reading "Giving criticism- the good, the bad, and the ugly!" I learned a lot about how to give good criticism and how giving criticism can be a good thing the good form of criticism is known as constructive criticism it also offers valid feedback giving constructive criticism can lend much needed assistance giving good advice. Constructive criticism can also keep feelings from being hurt by focusing on things that can be improved while avoiding personal insults. I also learned how to give constructive criticism and how to focus on valid and unbiased feedback and how to give feedback that is tangible by unbiased feedback we are talking about feedback that is free of individual opinion or personal tastes. focus your criticism on concrete feedback instead of personal taste or opinions. Another important thing to keep in mind when giving constructive criticism is to make your criticism clear, understandable and relevant as giving feedback can be stressful enough. The less ambiguous and more clear your criticism is the better your chances of getting your feedback across and helping out your friend. I also learned that if you want to give good constructive criticism then focus on valid and unbiased feedback and make your criticism clear and relevant. I also read some examples of poor ways of giving constructive criticism and ways of giving good constructive criticism.

I have also looked at the additional course material and the ones that grabbed my attention were the extra commenting as it is really simple to get extra points for just commenting on peoples blogs also the growth mindset/feedback which is also a really good way to get extra points by reading about growth mindset and also to give feedback to others. I also think the tech task which is a good way to expand your information on website technology and what it can offer.

testing- I really enjoyed reading about play testing.
criticism- I really enjoyed reading about how to give good criticism.
kinds of fun and players-I really enjoyed reading about different kinds of fun and players.



criticism-constructive criticism

Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    I enjoyed reading your thoughts on games testing! I agree with you that it's very important to be unbiased and constructive in your feedback- just giving bad feedback can hurt someones feelings and they wont know what they need to improve on. You have a good understanding of how to give good criticism from your reading which is a useful skill to have when reviewing other peoples work!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 10

This week I have finally finished my topics I have over 2,000 for my chapters my game design process has more words than my visual and audio elements but not by much I have learned a lot from writing these topics and have definitely improved my writing skills a lot, I have also learned a lot on each of my topics. Overall I feel like my topics are decent and that I have wrote some good information on both of them. I am really glad that I have finished and it is a huge weight of my shoulders I just have to do my reflection work. I feel like this week we have done a lot on fixing up the writing on most of the chapters which is really good and I feel like everyone has done good work overall. Below are some screenshots of my topics in my chapter.

Project

Project  After many trials and errors I have final got a somewhat working main menu for my game it will still not let me add images but luckily from one of the asset packages I downloaded there was a sprite that had a menu title on it which will do for now until I figure out how to add images to my main menu I tried adding a cube and tried adding a image to that but that did not work either but I am happy with what I got so far even though it did take a while to figure everything out because it would not let me add my script to the buttons on my menu for no reason at all because I had no errors in my script but I will get it working eventually. Anyway I am happy that I finally got a somewhat working menu done. main menu. buttons and main menu. trying to add cube to add image as background.

Unity tutorial 05

Unity tutorial 05 I learned a lot from these Jimmy Vegas unity tutorials I learned how to add text and how to change the color of text I also learned how to add raw images and how to change the shapes of them. I also learned in c script how to add sound to the diamond and how to link action display, action text and extra cursor to the diamond. I also learned how to add more objects such as a fence and how to duplicate it and how to make objects look more realistic by using textures. I learned how to add objects to the person in the game and how to make objects move with the person when he walks I also learned how to make the object move by using animation by changing the position and scale with 60 frames per second. I also learned how to use layers so that the object will no clip into any other objects. I also learned how to make an object move and swing using c script also how to add sound to an object by using c script also. I am looking forward to starting my game and using some o...