Skip to main content

Prototype

Prototype 

For my prototype I made it look like a small village I added houses, trees, grass, flowers, mountains etc I also changed the sky to make it look more realistic and to make it look like there were clouds in the sky which I taught looked really good I also added wind and a first person view so the character can move.
prototype before skybox

prototype after skybox 

Long shot of finished prototype
Players view of prototype
I really like the overall look of my prototype I think it went well I really enjoyed adding all the assets and making the terrain look more realistic it did take me a while to find assets that I liked but I finally found some houses, trees and flowers I looked at some Jimmy Vegas tutorials to help me to figure out how to add in the grass and trees, to help me create a mountain and to help me create a moving player I also looked at Jimmy Vegas tutorials to help me add in a sky box and to add wind to make it look realistic. I do find it difficult to get used to using C script because it is quite hard but hopefully overtime I get better at it that was the only thing I found difficult. I did also think the houses do not look as realistic as I would have wanted to maybe I should have looked at some tutorials to show me how to make them look more realistic I did watch a Jimmy Vegas tutorial before to show me how to change the tone of a house with lighting which could be useful.

I feel like I have met some of the targets that I have set the overall design of the game is similar to what I wanted it to look like but I did not get to add any characters into the game but hopefully overtime I can learn how to create and add characters into unity but I do like the look of the design of the game.

Jimmy Vegas tutorial on sky box and wind
Jimmy Vegas tutorial on terrain
Jimmy Vegas tutorial on walking character

Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    I really like how your game is turning out, it looks great! I really like the houses ! It's clear you've been working hard on your game and how you want it to look.

    I do have one question: Is there any playablity added ? Can I walk around it yet ? Adding a first person camera isn't hard and doesn't require any coding ? Don't take this the wrong way but have you only been working making this place look nice and nothing else ? I know you like added a skybox and wind but a player doesn't care about that if they can't get in there and play the damn game !

    Also how many Npc are you planning to add into the game ? I bring this up because you haven't mention how many Npc your planning to add and (for Instance) if you have 8 houses, 1 for the player then you'll have 7 houses for Npcs but wait, you'll need shops or other buildings. So for now, how many Npc are you planning to add ? I'm know I'm just being noisy but I just wanted know after seeing how many houses are in your game.

    Overall, I can't wait to see the next update for your game!

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 10

This week I have finally finished my topics I have over 2,000 for my chapters my game design process has more words than my visual and audio elements but not by much I have learned a lot from writing these topics and have definitely improved my writing skills a lot, I have also learned a lot on each of my topics. Overall I feel like my topics are decent and that I have wrote some good information on both of them. I am really glad that I have finished and it is a huge weight of my shoulders I just have to do my reflection work. I feel like this week we have done a lot on fixing up the writing on most of the chapters which is really good and I feel like everyone has done good work overall. Below are some screenshots of my topics in my chapter.

Project

Project  After many trials and errors I have final got a somewhat working main menu for my game it will still not let me add images but luckily from one of the asset packages I downloaded there was a sprite that had a menu title on it which will do for now until I figure out how to add images to my main menu I tried adding a cube and tried adding a image to that but that did not work either but I am happy with what I got so far even though it did take a while to figure everything out because it would not let me add my script to the buttons on my menu for no reason at all because I had no errors in my script but I will get it working eventually. Anyway I am happy that I finally got a somewhat working menu done. main menu. buttons and main menu. trying to add cube to add image as background.

Unity tutorial 05

Unity tutorial 05 I learned a lot from these Jimmy Vegas unity tutorials I learned how to add text and how to change the color of text I also learned how to add raw images and how to change the shapes of them. I also learned in c script how to add sound to the diamond and how to link action display, action text and extra cursor to the diamond. I also learned how to add more objects such as a fence and how to duplicate it and how to make objects look more realistic by using textures. I learned how to add objects to the person in the game and how to make objects move with the person when he walks I also learned how to make the object move by using animation by changing the position and scale with 60 frames per second. I also learned how to use layers so that the object will no clip into any other objects. I also learned how to make an object move and swing using c script also how to add sound to an object by using c script also. I am looking forward to starting my game and using some o...