Skip to main content

Beta

Beta

For my Beta of my game I added some dialogue and fixed up my terrain a little bit but for some reason when I play my game my cursor will not show up even though the dialogue is clickable which is strange but so far I think my game turned out well for a prototype I have struggled a little bit as I do not know much about games or c# script but I have a functional game so far in my game I have two characters, a pick up fruit object, main menu which needs a bit of fixing and dialogue and I have also put a lot of design into my game. I did not get everything I wanted in my game but I think my expectations were too high so I might have to change some things around for my game but overall I think everything worked out well other than some struggles with c# script. I am happy with how my prototype turned out and I now know what I can do to improve when I start my game.


Main menu

Main Menu clickable buttons.


Terrain.

Terrain.

Terrain with character.

Terrain and dialogue.

Dialogue.
All of the dialogue I added.

Dialogue and terrain.








Comments

  1. Ti-ti-da ti-ti-da ti-ti-da-da-da-da !

    Oh Hello Jennifer,

    I really like your game ! Sorry to hear you didn't everything you wanted done, but hey that's game development for you. I'm glad you were able to fix the script so you can pick up fruits, I know you were struggling to get it working so I'm glad you finally did ! I also like your main menu, although I wonder why you pick those colours for it ?

    I would like to read the research paper stating that those colours were suitable for a Animal Crossing clone !

    You also added Dialogue to your game, although I think the box is too much in the middle, maybe set it up to the top of the screen or at the bottom ? For someone who know very little about games, you build a good game so very done !!

    Anyway I can't wait to see your Game !!

    Y.I.S.
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    Well done on your successful game prototype! For someone who doesn't have much knowledge of games or scripting you did pretty well in designing your game! I also like how you added dialogue boxes- this is a major mechanic of your game and you have a chance to give your game lots of character with its dialogue.

    Have you tried messing around with the text on your main menu? I think that the text in the blue part of the menu is very stretched out and could use some adjusting.

    I would also suggest playing around with the positioning of your dialogue box as it's splat bang in the middle of the screen and would get in the way of the players view of whatever they're interacting with. Most games tend to have their dialogue boxes towards the bottom of the screen and might be worth exploring.

    Well done on all your progress this semester!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 10

This week I have finally finished my topics I have over 2,000 for my chapters my game design process has more words than my visual and audio elements but not by much I have learned a lot from writing these topics and have definitely improved my writing skills a lot, I have also learned a lot on each of my topics. Overall I feel like my topics are decent and that I have wrote some good information on both of them. I am really glad that I have finished and it is a huge weight of my shoulders I just have to do my reflection work. I feel like this week we have done a lot on fixing up the writing on most of the chapters which is really good and I feel like everyone has done good work overall. Below are some screenshots of my topics in my chapter.

Unity tutorial 03

Unity tutorial 03 I have learned a lot from this unity tutorial I have learned how to create a clock from objects such as cubes and cylinders and how to position, scale and rotate them in the right positions which I found really helpful. I also learned how to create materials to add to the objects to add color and how to use a mesh collider component I also learned what is a child object and a parent object. The most important part of this tutorial would have to be the c# script it taught me how to get objects to move by using class and transform I found this very interesting but it was hard it did not work for me at first but I finally got it to work after a while I might not use anything I learned in this tutorial but it was good to learn new things about unity I might use some of the information I learned from the tutorial about c# script in my game. I am looking forward to start creating my game and all the information I have learned so far in unity and making my game look as goo...

Unity tutorial 05

Unity tutorial 05 I learned a lot from these Jimmy Vegas unity tutorials I learned how to add text and how to change the color of text I also learned how to add raw images and how to change the shapes of them. I also learned in c script how to add sound to the diamond and how to link action display, action text and extra cursor to the diamond. I also learned how to add more objects such as a fence and how to duplicate it and how to make objects look more realistic by using textures. I learned how to add objects to the person in the game and how to make objects move with the person when he walks I also learned how to make the object move by using animation by changing the position and scale with 60 frames per second. I also learned how to use layers so that the object will no clip into any other objects. I also learned how to make an object move and swing using c script also how to add sound to an object by using c script also. I am looking forward to starting my game and using some o...