Skip to main content

First playable

First Playable 

first player view attached to character
For my first playable's I added two players one of them is a character in the first person view which would be the person who is playing the game the other character also walks around but is further away from the first character unless the first person view character walks over to it the characters can also jump, walk, run etc. I also added music to my game to add more effect I picked calm and relaxing music to match the theme of my game. 

I also added fruit that can be picked up by the character which took a while because I had to fix the c script a lot as it wouldn't work for me the first time.

I also tried to add a menu but for some reason it would not let me add an image the panel so I added the pick up fruit aspect instead.

I feel like my game is coming together slowly but surely but I am still getting to know a lot of different aspects in Unity as I am just a beginner so it takes me some time to figure out some of the aspects in Unity such as c script I also feel like I am meeting some of my targets but I still need to add a lot more to the game.


two characters

pick up fruit aspect 

first person view, other character in background running.

first person view, other character in corner.

first person view 

another first person view.

Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    Your game is looking great so far and seems to be developing quite well! I'm very impressed by the attention to detail in your game with all the different assets and even including music. It looks very visually appealing!

    I'm wondering if you're going to add all of your planned elements into the game that you mentioned in the Dundoc? So far what you've added is very simple and I'm aware that you're struggling with the scripting so maybe it would be good to cut back on some of the planned features to focus on adding what you're able to actually add in the game.

    Speaking of struggling with C#- have you been writing it out yourself or pasting it in? If you've been writing it manually, I'd suggest pasting it from existing assets to make your life a whole lot easier. If you are pasting it in, it may be good to simplify your planned mechanics and add less complicated code to make sure you get a few working elements in your game rather than lots that dont work.

    Overall your game is coming along quite well and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    I really like your blog and your game! It's looks great so far and it seems that your making progress even though it's slow ! Remember any progress is better then no progress! As usual I have a few questions: since progress is slow are you scaling back your game or are you gonna crunch ? If I was you, I would scale back (Hell, I have too with my game !) and focus on the elements that matter.

    I have a suggestion for you if you want to add a main menu (and I know you're gonna kill me) but Jimmy Vegas has a tutorial on main menu so that might help you ? Vegas' tutorials have been helping me a lot recently with my game so his videos might be able to help you out ?

    Anyway I can't wait to read your blog again and see how well your game is progressing !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 10

This week I have finally finished my topics I have over 2,000 for my chapters my game design process has more words than my visual and audio elements but not by much I have learned a lot from writing these topics and have definitely improved my writing skills a lot, I have also learned a lot on each of my topics. Overall I feel like my topics are decent and that I have wrote some good information on both of them. I am really glad that I have finished and it is a huge weight of my shoulders I just have to do my reflection work. I feel like this week we have done a lot on fixing up the writing on most of the chapters which is really good and I feel like everyone has done good work overall. Below are some screenshots of my topics in my chapter.

Unity tutorial 03

Unity tutorial 03 I have learned a lot from this unity tutorial I have learned how to create a clock from objects such as cubes and cylinders and how to position, scale and rotate them in the right positions which I found really helpful. I also learned how to create materials to add to the objects to add color and how to use a mesh collider component I also learned what is a child object and a parent object. The most important part of this tutorial would have to be the c# script it taught me how to get objects to move by using class and transform I found this very interesting but it was hard it did not work for me at first but I finally got it to work after a while I might not use anything I learned in this tutorial but it was good to learn new things about unity I might use some of the information I learned from the tutorial about c# script in my game. I am looking forward to start creating my game and all the information I have learned so far in unity and making my game look as goo...

Project

Project  After many trials and errors I have final got a somewhat working main menu for my game it will still not let me add images but luckily from one of the asset packages I downloaded there was a sprite that had a menu title on it which will do for now until I figure out how to add images to my main menu I tried adding a cube and tried adding a image to that but that did not work either but I am happy with what I got so far even though it did take a while to figure everything out because it would not let me add my script to the buttons on my menu for no reason at all because I had no errors in my script but I will get it working eventually. Anyway I am happy that I finally got a somewhat working menu done. main menu. buttons and main menu. trying to add cube to add image as background.