Skip to main content

Unity tutorial 01

Unity tutorials 

I have learned a lot from the unity tutorials by Jimmy Vegas I did not know how to use unity at all so the tutorials were really helpful I learned a lot about adding objects in such as a cube and sphere, terrain and how to make a terrain high and wide also how to add certain textures to a terrain which I taught was really interesting I learned how to make a terrain wider and just simply how to smooth out objects on a terrain. I also learned how to add different texture packs and certain types of assets to a game such as trees and grass I also learned how to code in unity which was helpful. I have enjoyed adding texture and assets to the game because it made it look so realistic I did find it difficult to figure out how to get a character to walk in the game though. I am looking forward to learn more about unity and to make my game look as realistic as possible as I feel that just makes a game stand out more I am also looking forward to see other peoples games and ideas. I did find that the tutorials were quite long as I had to follow them step by step but it was very helpful and I did learn a lot of new things in unity which I did not know before I really found the textures, assets and the terrain tutorials the most helpful but I will be using most of what I learned today in my game.

Unity tutorial 1
unity tutorial 1
unity tutorial 2
unity tutorial 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 10

This week I have finally finished my topics I have over 2,000 for my chapters my game design process has more words than my visual and audio elements but not by much I have learned a lot from writing these topics and have definitely improved my writing skills a lot, I have also learned a lot on each of my topics. Overall I feel like my topics are decent and that I have wrote some good information on both of them. I am really glad that I have finished and it is a huge weight of my shoulders I just have to do my reflection work. I feel like this week we have done a lot on fixing up the writing on most of the chapters which is really good and I feel like everyone has done good work overall. Below are some screenshots of my topics in my chapter.

Unity tutorial 05

Unity tutorial 05 I learned a lot from these Jimmy Vegas unity tutorials I learned how to add text and how to change the color of text I also learned how to add raw images and how to change the shapes of them. I also learned in c script how to add sound to the diamond and how to link action display, action text and extra cursor to the diamond. I also learned how to add more objects such as a fence and how to duplicate it and how to make objects look more realistic by using textures. I learned how to add objects to the person in the game and how to make objects move with the person when he walks I also learned how to make the object move by using animation by changing the position and scale with 60 frames per second. I also learned how to use layers so that the object will no clip into any other objects. I also learned how to make an object move and swing using c script also how to add sound to an object by using c script also. I am looking forward to starting my game and using some o...

Growth mindset

Growth minds et I have never heard of Carol Dweck before this module but after listening to her Ted talk and her other videos I feel like she is very inspiring but I have heard of a growth mindset before in secondary school and how to expand our mindset. I feel like overall I have a growth mindset and I am open to learning from my mistakes and I am open to learn new things. Since I have started at TU Dublin I feel like my mindset has grown even more because I got to learn so many new things from different modules and from the people in the course and I feel like I have processed it all well one of my biggest challenges was trying to get all my work done for college even though I loved learning new things while also trying to balance a social life. I feel like I would definitely be interested in learning more about growth mindsets in this semester as I feel like I would like to get a better understanding of a growth mindset. I would like to learn more about how to try to keep everythi...