Skip to main content

Game design document

Game design document

Overall I felt like planning my game design helped me to gather what I would like to add to my game and helped me look at aspects that I wouldn't have talked about before and helped me plan out my game. My game is going to be a village with houses and maybe some shops it is basically going to be social interactive game there will be other people in the game which you will be able to interact with. In my game I am also going to add customizing aspects and design so you can create your own character also I will be creating a design aspect were you can design and customize your own home I also will be adding a variety of activities to do in the game the other characters in the game will give the player activities to do for them I will also add some other activities the player can chose from there will also be levels in the game were the player has to complete certain activities to level up and unlock new items. I am also thinking of creating different maps so the player can chose what map they want. The story of this game is that the player is moving to a new town to make new friends and to create a new life for themselves in this new village. They design there new home and design the town they make new friends in the town and do many activities to make new friends in the town. There will be the main character which will be the person playing the game there will also be many more characters in the village/game that the main character can interact with the other characters live in the village they will all look similar but there outfits will be different and gender. The background music will also be calm and relaxing and the map of the village will look realistic and colorful.

GDD Dundoc link

Similar to my game-animal crossing



Comments

  1. Hello Comrade Jennifer !

    First off I really like your blog ! It's easy to read and easy to follow! I also really like your idea, as someone who's played animal crossings, I respect that you've taken on such a big challenge ! Good on you !

    I do have one question, how does your game differ from animal crossing ? Look at sims city and city skyline, two game that have the same concept but look and act completely different. Hell City skyline is harder then Sims city!

    One thing you could do is you could do a sims and have the ability to torture your neighbors, maybe by egging their house, tricking them or just be an out and out asshole. Animal Crossing would never do that ! Oh ! you could also give the player the ability to break into their house and steal their stuff ! That would be cool !

    Anyway, I really like your game idea and I can't wait to read your blog in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 10

This week I have finally finished my topics I have over 2,000 for my chapters my game design process has more words than my visual and audio elements but not by much I have learned a lot from writing these topics and have definitely improved my writing skills a lot, I have also learned a lot on each of my topics. Overall I feel like my topics are decent and that I have wrote some good information on both of them. I am really glad that I have finished and it is a huge weight of my shoulders I just have to do my reflection work. I feel like this week we have done a lot on fixing up the writing on most of the chapters which is really good and I feel like everyone has done good work overall. Below are some screenshots of my topics in my chapter.

Project

Project  After many trials and errors I have final got a somewhat working main menu for my game it will still not let me add images but luckily from one of the asset packages I downloaded there was a sprite that had a menu title on it which will do for now until I figure out how to add images to my main menu I tried adding a cube and tried adding a image to that but that did not work either but I am happy with what I got so far even though it did take a while to figure everything out because it would not let me add my script to the buttons on my menu for no reason at all because I had no errors in my script but I will get it working eventually. Anyway I am happy that I finally got a somewhat working menu done. main menu. buttons and main menu. trying to add cube to add image as background.

Unity tutorial 05

Unity tutorial 05 I learned a lot from these Jimmy Vegas unity tutorials I learned how to add text and how to change the color of text I also learned how to add raw images and how to change the shapes of them. I also learned in c script how to add sound to the diamond and how to link action display, action text and extra cursor to the diamond. I also learned how to add more objects such as a fence and how to duplicate it and how to make objects look more realistic by using textures. I learned how to add objects to the person in the game and how to make objects move with the person when he walks I also learned how to make the object move by using animation by changing the position and scale with 60 frames per second. I also learned how to use layers so that the object will no clip into any other objects. I also learned how to make an object move and swing using c script also how to add sound to an object by using c script also. I am looking forward to starting my game and using some o...